(2 players, A and B, from 12 yo)
* 17 slats : 15 with 2 ideograms, and 2 with 3 ideograms ; the ideograms will be used as squares, and convey a number, from 1 to 6 ; one square is a bonus square (in an other color).
* 36 pieces with a dark side side and a light one.
AIM OF THE GAME
To control most of the opponent pieces..
* You mix the slats, then you juxtapose them by their long sides , on the numbered face, with a 3 numbered one at each end, in order to get a rectangular track of 36 squares.
* Each player takes 18 pieces , and shares them into 3 groups of 6 , beside the board; A turns them on the dark side, B on the light side.
Control of squares and capture of the pieces
* You control a square you put a piece on.
* You lose this control when your piece, or a series of your pieces, is just landlocked by 2 pieces of your opponent.
* In that case your pieces are captured by your opponent, who turns them on the side of his colour, and position them along the external side of the board, just beside the square(s) they occupied before ; from that moment on , nobody can play on those empty squares.
How to play
* Each player, starting with A, puts 3 pieces in turn (and necessarily 3 ) on 3 squares of the board.
* If a piece comes from a group of 6, it must be put on a number 6 square ; from a group of 5, on a number 5 square, and so on.
So, at the first series of 3 moves, ,each player has a choice between putting on 3 « number 6 » squares, or 2 « number 6 » and 1 « number 5 », or 1 « number 6 », 1 « number 5 », and 1 « number 4 » : so the square to put on depends on the number of pieces in the group you take a piece off.
By convention, if due to a previous placement error there is no more square commensurate with the order number of the piece to play, you may put it on any free square.
* If pieces are played in order to be just landlocked by 2 opponents, they get captured imediatly ; one exception : if playing a piece in that case leads to capture an opponent piece, or a series of them, your piece becomes a conqueror, and the opponents get captured.
End of the game
* The game is over when B has put the last series of 3.
* Each player counts 1 point for each piece of his color, occupying or bordering the squares ; the bonus square gives 1 + 5 points.
* So the winner is the player who got most points.