(2 players, from 12yo)
2 clans of dentist- birds compete for the market of 5 crocodiles.
a board with :
- 5 crocodiles, of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 squares
- 2 circular base-camps of 12 bird-squares
- 2 X 12 pieces in 2 colors ; in each color, 6 positive, 6 negative, graduated from 1 to 6
PLAYING THE GAME
- Each player in turn places one of his pieces on a square of a croco; you are not obliged to play on the same croco as your opponent.
NB : The nearer a square is from the head of a croco, bigger is the number of points you get if you control it ( see the final counting at the end of the game)
- At your first move, you play any piece you want ; then , you have to play one of the two pieces nearest to the square (or the series of squares) yet free in your base camp.
to win most points , by controlling the crocodiles.
- You put at random on a base camp the 12 pieces of a color, and the 12 pieces of the other color on the other base camp
- A player choses his color, the other takes the other.
The player who has chosen his color plays first.
CONTROLLING A CROCO
When 2 pieces are present on a same croco, whether of the same color or of different colors, one will be able to stay apparent and take the control of the croco, while the other must be immediately be turned on its blind face :
- if both pieces are positive, or both negative, the nearer piece to the head of the croco wins ; if they are one negative and the other postive, the nearer to the tail wins.
And so on : each new piece put on a croco conflicts with the piece previously controlling the croco ; at each time, one piece (and only one) will stay apparent, and temporaly controlloing the croco.
END OF THE GAME
The game ends as soon as all the pieces are played on the crocos .
NB; it is normal that a square remains empty.
COUNTING THE POINTS
The number on the last controlling piece on a croco is multiplied according its position on the croco :
- if its square is the first after the tail, the control pays 1X the number of signs (from 1 to 6) on the piece.
- If it is the second square after the tail, it pays 2X this number , and so on (see the diagram below)