How to play
2 players from 8 years old, +-10 minutes
In the heart of an electric Africa, two groups of dental birds are competing for the market of five crocodiles. Place your Dental-birds on the crocodiles to get the best combination and earn the most points. Pay attention to the birds you have left.
OBJECT OF THE GAME
To gain the most points by securing control of the crocodiles.
A board with :
- 5 crocodiles of five different lengths (3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 squares) and 2 camps of 12 birds-squares.
- 24 birds-pawns divided into two colors ; in each color 6 positive pawns, 6 negative pawns, graduated from 1 to 7.
The 12 birds-pawns of one color are randomly placed on the 12 birds-squares of one side of the board and the other 12 on the other side. The first player to choose his/her color begins.
HOW TO PLAY
Each player in turn places a bird-pawn of his color on one of the squares of a crocodile, according to the number of points and the positive (+) or negative (-) signs.
- The positives pawns must be placed as close as possible to the heads of the crocodiles and the negatives pawns as close as possible to the tails of the crocodiles. Depending on their values and the availability of squares on the board.
- A bird-pawn marked 1+ must be placed on the closest square to a head.
- A bird-pawn marked 2 - must be placed 2 squares away from a tail.
- A bird-pawn marked 3+ must be placed 3 squares away from a head.
- A bird-pawn marked 3 - must be placed 3 squares away from a tail, and so on.
- You do not have to play on the same crocodile as your opponent.
- During the game, it may happen that all the squares corresponding to the placement position indicated by the bird-pawn are occupied ; in this case the bird-pawn in question may be placed on any free square.
- It is forbidden to place a bird-pawn on a square that is already occupied. It is therefore no longer possible to play on a crocodile whose squares are already occupied.
TWO FIRST MOVES
- On their first two moves, players may play any of their 12 bird-pawns.
- Then, from their third move, each player must play a bird-pawn adjacent to a square vacated during the first two moves. The opening is therefore important for the strategy to adopt.
CONTROL OF A CROCODILE
- As soon as 2 bird-pawns are on the same crocodile, whether they are from the same or opposite signs or colors, only one will remain face up and take control of the crocodile, while the other bird-pawn must immediately turn face down.
PLACING THE BIRD-PAWNS ON A CROCODILE
- If the two bird-pawns have the same sign (2 positive or 2 negative), the closest pawn to the crocodile's head wins. The other is turned over.
- If the two bird-pawns have different signs, the one closest to the crocodile's tail wins.
And so on :
- Each new bird-pawn placed on a crocodile enters into conflict with the one that controlled it. At each move, there will be only one bird-pawn that will remain in apparent value.
SEQUENCES OF MOVES
When a player plays a losing bird-pawn (= one that must immediately be faced down, whether it is of the same color or not), he must play again immediately ; therefore, a series of pawns may be sacrificed to make a decisive move.
END OF GAME
The game is over as soon as a player has no more bird-pawns to place on his turn.
At this point, the players counts the points ; note that at least one square will remain empty at the end of the game.
COUNTING THE POINTS
Each crocodile scores as many points as its number of squares multiplied by the value of the bird-pawn that controls it.
- The crocodile of 3 squares controlled by a bird-pawn 3 scores 3x3 = 9 points.
- The crocodile of 5 squares controlled by a bird-pawn 4 scores 5X4 = 20 points.
- The crocodile of 7 squares controlled by a bird-pawn 1 scores 7X1 = 7 points.
The player with the highest number of points wins the game.
Buy Croco Rider